Friday, December 14, 2012

Verify Your Paypal with a Philippine Debit Card

Don't Have a Credit Card But You Need To Verify Your Paypal Account?


In the Philippines, many Filipinos don't keep a credit card or they do not trust Internet's security to add in their credit card number for online transactions. However, if you are using Paypal, you need to verify your account either with a credit card or an ACCEPTED debit card. If you are one of us who don't have a credit card, you have another option and that is to use a debit card. So far, I'm only aware of two Philippine debit cards that can be used to verify your Paypal. Here are the steps on how to verify Paypal without a credit card.




How To Get BDO Debit Card


1. Prepare all the requirements:

  • Two (2) valid ID's with your name, picture and signature.
    Valid IDs: Passport, PRC ID, Driver's license, NBI clearance, Postal ID, Police clearance, Voter's ID, GSIS e-Card, SSS ID, Philhealth card, Barangay certification, OWWA ID, OFW ID, Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration, Senior Citizen Card, Seaman's Book, and other Government office IDs

  • Two Photocopies of presented valid IDs

  • One recent 1 x 1 ID picture

  • Required Initial deposit. Visit this site to see the initial deposit requirement for Peso Savings Account with Mastercard ATM

2. Go to any BDO branch of convenience for you. When choosing a branch, consider how accessible it is from your home or office. There are also BDO banks in all SM malls.

3. Go to the area of New Accounts Desk and inform the bank personnel that you want to open a BDO savings account. If you will have an ATM, indicate that you need it to be affiliated with Mastercard so you can use it for Paypal verification.

4. Wait for three to five banking days to claim your new ATM card. Then, you can use the debit card to verify Paypal by doing the next steps.


How to Verify Paypal with BDO ATM Debit Card

1. Create an online account in BDO's internet banking. Visit mybdo.com.ph and sign up for an account. Steps on how to enroll online:

  1. From mybdo.com.ph, choose "Enroll Now"

  2. Fill out the online form and make sure that you have chosen Internet Banking box. You can also apply for Mobile or Phone Banking by checking these boxes.

  3. Write down the ATM Activation Code because you will need it to activate your Internet banking account

  4. You have 45 days to activate your account via any BDO ATM

2. You can now verify your Paypal. Make sure that your BDO account has at least 300Php.

3. From Your Paypal account click "Get Verified"

 Before you continue make sure you have at least 300Php on your BDO ATM. Paypal will be deducting this from your account during the process of verification but it will be returned via reimbursement to your Paypal.

4. Fill out the form requiring details about your Debit Card, then select continue.

All information is found in your BDO card. Be sure to use the same name on your BDO account is the same as the name on your PayPal account or the verification will fail. After filling up the verification form, click continue. Then, PayPal request that you input the Expanded Use Number or 4 digit pin code. So leave this page open and do  the next step.

5. Log-in to your BDO online banking account. Go to "My Portfolio." Then, click "My Transaction" and set the preset date to "Last 7 Days". Check for a recorded transaction similar to this: POS W/D SV PP (5674 E 4xxxxxxxxx MC SGP 0xxxxxxxxxxx).
Your four-digit pin also known as  Expanded Use Number is the provided first four numbers after the suffix "PP" in this example it's the numbers 5674.

6. Go back to your PayPal account. Enter the four-digit code and click verify.

How To Get Unionbank EON Card


Take note that the option I had chosen is to apply online. So here are the steps:

1. Visit Unionbank's EON application page. After filling out the application form, take note of your reference number and chosen pick-up branch which you will receive via email and SMS.

2. Prepare all the requirements: Php350 annual fee and two valid ID's. Even if their website said only one valid ID, consider bringing one or two more. When I went to the branch to pick-up my card, the teller asked for additional two ID's. I told her I only brought my unified multi-purpose ID (valid government ID) and my company ID . I had to remind her that their website indicates that I just need to bring only one. 

3. Bring your requirements and visit the branch where you'll pick up your EON card. Show your reference number, fill up some forms and submit the requirements.

4. Finally, get your EON card. You need to wait for 24 hours before you can activate your card. After activating your card, you can now use it to enjoy Paypal services. Take note of the numbers in your EON card:

  • Big numbers in the middle part - bank card number
  • Small numbers below your name - bank account number


How to Verify Paypal with Unionbank EON card


1. You need your Unionbank EON bank account number, EON online log in  Paypal account, valid email, valid home address and valid phone number. As much as possible, your listed home address in your Paypal account should match your address in your bank account.

2. You should at least have Php 200 ($1.95) balance that Paypal will get during your verification process. Take note that Paypal will return this amount after a successful verification.

3. Log-in to your Paypal account, then, go to "Get Verified".  Answer appropriately the information required in the webpage.

4. Log-in to your online EON banking account and see the transaction history. Take note of the last four digits in the word VISA from the transaction "VISA Expanded USE charge."

5. In your Paypal account, enter that 4-digit code in the Get Verified link to confirm your debit card.

That's it you are confirmed with your EON card!

Update:
I picked BPI my ePrepaid for my new debit card and I will use it to verify again my Paypal since my EON card had expired.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. This is really helpful. However, this might be off from the topic, but please help me with this.

    I wanted to do the dropshipping business from Amazon to Ebay. But there are these questions that are bugging me. If you could clarify them for me, it may help me get started.

    Questions:

    - How can you pay for the Amazon product if the buyer from Ebay pays you on Paypal? We know that Amazon don't accept paypal as payment and that Paypal holds your first payment for a certain day (can you tell me how many day it is?). If we will wait for the days until the money will be transferred to your bank account or credit card, it would delay the buyers' product.

    Does it mean that you'll have to pull from your own pocket first to pay to Amazon?

    - Is there any work around that the payment you receive from paypal sent directly to your bank account or card?

    - I've learned that I can use Paypal debit card (wherein you can use directly your money on your Paypal account) so that there'll be no need to do the transferring when paying on Amazon. Is it true? If so, can I apply for PayPal debit card here in Philippines? If yes, how?

    I understand that I am asking too many questions, but I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Thank you for taking some time to read my blog entry and I hope it helped you. With regard to your concern, have you tried contacting the customer support for Ebay and Amazon? They surely can give you good answers.

      Anyway, I will try to answer at my best some of your questions in a point of view of a seller:

      How can you pay for the Amazon product if the buyer from eBay pays you on Paypal? We know that Amazon don't accept PayPal as payment and that Paypal holds your first payment for a certain day (can you tell me how many day it is?). If we will wait for the days until the money will be transferred to your bank account or credit card, it would delay the buyers' product.
      If you will withdraw the money in Paypal, it will take days. From my experience, I have to wait for 3-5 banking days before my Paypal fund was credited to my bank account. If you are receiving payments through Paypal, I also hope you consider the cost of every Paypal withdrawal. Also, it's up to you if you will shell out your personal money first so you can immediately buy from Amazon. You don't want to keep your buyer from waiting right?

      Is there any workaround that the payment you receive from PayPal sent directly to your bank account or card?
      I have been using Xoom.com to receive money/payment. However, the sender should have a US-based bank account. The fee is only $5 for sending money up to $2000 so it's way cheaper than Paypal. You can also check out Payoneer.

      I will try to do more research and update you!

      Thanks,
      Rose

      Delete
  2. does the bdo card still work for paypal? and how do i get a debit card with a mastercard logo? the link isnt working anymore :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI,
      Yes. It should work. For a BDO card with Mastercard logo, you need to ask your BDO branch to get one.

      Here's a good summary of their debit cards info:
      https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/accounts/atm-debit-cards

      You can also contact to know more about BDO Debit Card with Mastercard logo:
      BDO Customer Services (632)631-8000
      1-800-10-6318000(PLDT Toll Free) | 1-800-3-6318000 (Digitel Toll Free)
      callcenter@bdo.com.ph

      Also, thank you for letting me know the link is already changed. Here's the latest info about their initial deposit requirements:
      https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/accounts/peso-savings-account/atm-savings

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. hi is this still working? my bdo debit card (savings) doesnt have mastercard logo in it, also it comes with a passbook. how can i verify my paypal using my card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Since my post was posted in 2012, I highly recommend that you call the support hotline of BDO if you can get a debit card with Mastercard logo or visit your BDO branch.

      Once you got your BDO card with Mastercard, please follow the steps mentioned here on how to verify your Paypal.

      Aside from BDO debit, you can also use EON or SmartMoney card or BPI's my ePrepaid card.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Hi guys,
    My UnionBank Eon card has expired so I tried another debit card.
    I picked BPI my ePrepaid for my new debit card and I will use it to verify again my Paypal. Please check my post here:

    http://deileisochi.com/2015/11/11/paypal-guide-verify-paypal-account-using-a-philippine-debit-card-bpi-my-eprepaid/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys,
    My UnionBank Eon card has expired so I tried another debit card.
    I picked BPI my ePrepaid for my new debit card and I will use it to verify again my Paypal. Please check my post here:

    http://deileisochi.com/2015/11/11/paypal-guide-verify-paypal-account-using-a-philippine-debit-card-bpi-my-eprepaid/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! my employer just transferred my salary to my paypal account, unfortunately im having a hard time applying for an EON card since i lack of requirements plus my documents were too complicated since I am using my maiden name and some of my documents are under my married name, (and i dont wanna use my ex's family name anymore).. question is, would i still get my salary if i get smart money card? have you tried it yourself? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    You can check this with Smart. I haven't tried it myself but believe me when I say Smart is very accommodating and will surely help you get the Smart Money Card. I have been their postpaid subscriber for a while and I always get the assistance/service I need (just don't ask me how crappy their mobile service is).

    According to this link: https://help.smart.com.ph/article/smart-money-apply-for-personalized-smart-money-card, you will need any of the following Proof of Identification at any Smart Store or BDO branch:

    Drivers license
    Passport
    Major credit card with picture
    Laminated company ID
    Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
    Laminated SSS ID
    Taxpayers Identification Number (TIN) card with picture
    Un-expired school IDs (for applicants between 18 20 years old)
    Postal ID

    One question do you have one valid ID that still has your maiden name? If not, try getting one such as postal ID. You only need one valid ID.

    By law, you are not obliged as well to use your married name so take some time to fix your documents now :)

    I also experienced bringing two valid IDs in Unionbank to get my EON card ibut they asked me for another one more! I was surprised because the requirement was clear--- 2 valid IDs. Thankfully, I have another ID that time.

    PS
    BPI MYePrepaid too only requires 1 valid ID. (http://wp.me/p5qGXt-aL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you recommend Auction Essistance for Paypal limitation services? I couldn't find much reviews on them.

    ReplyDelete