Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Quick Experience with Smart's Spinnr Philippines

What is SPINNR?

Smart launched the first music streaming service in the Philippines and it is unlimited. Spinner can be accessed any time of the day using desktop, smartphone and tablet. Mobile phone owners can access it via browsers.

All users from the Philippines can access Spinnr. Their Free Radio is available for everyone in the country. If you are a Smart, Sun, Talk N' Text and PLDT user, you can get full access to their music library, offline streaming and playlists. The good news is there are no additional data charges!


How to Register to SPINNR

You can register to Spinnr using your Smart/Talk N' Text/Sun mobile or PLDT landline phone number. It is available for prepaid and postpaid users.


How to Access SPINNR 

Via desktop - Go to this site http://www.spinnr.ph/desktop/
Via mobile phone - Download the Spinnr Mobile Application

Register for free using your Spinnr Mobile Application

How to stop your SPINNR subscription

I had a hard time looking for a way to unsubscribe my Spinnr subscription. My Google searching skills did not work. So, I sent a tweet to @SpinnerPH and they gave me this very simple step:

Via SMS send this message to 4067: QUIT

Conclusion

Compare to other music streaming services like Spotify, Spinner is way cheaper and you can use your prepaid load or have it charged on your postpaid bill. With regard to music quality, it's satisfactory and it depends on your mobile data or wi-fi connection. I didn't find some of the songs I wanted to hear, but I guess these would be available soon.

Just be aware that your Spinner subscription is automatically renewed once it expires. That's fine if you want to continue the service. My case is a good example when I decided to test Spinnr. I thought their one day package meant the subscriber can use the service for one day and automatically expires the next day. However, I automatically re-subscribed the following day. If Smart is smart enough (or doesn't want to act not so smart), they will not do that. I prefer to get confirmation if I want to continue my one-day subscription, right? I could have signed up for a longer period.  What's the use of having different subscription offers (as of January 13, 2015) if I am not asked what I wanted after my subscription expires? Just my two cents. Here are their offerings:

All-access Packages are as follows:


Trial - Free for 15 days - Text TRIAL to 4067
Daily - Text SP1 to 4067
Monthly - Text SVIP to 4067
Live - Text LIVE to 4067
Should I subscribe again to one of these offerings? Of course. I like music and I can afford it. At least now, I know how to unsubscribe.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for liking my blog! I am quite busy right now to write a new article, but I will make sure to check your site and see how it can help mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert,

    See my previous reply. There are many great Filipino web designers. If you want to see great results with what you pay, I suggest you checkout the guys there. They are really talented and professionals. Thanks for checkig out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I found your article because I searched for ways on how to unsubscribe from Spinnr. I like Spinnr except the automatic subscription. Thank you for these info. I hope I can make a website/blog someday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,

      Glad to know you found this post helpful. Yes, you can have your own blog. If you like to share your ideas or information, you can put them in a blog.
      In my case, I am not a sentimental or expert of any field but I really want to write down things I discovered or learned. Please check my other site as well deileisochi.com :)

      Thanks.

      Regards,
      Rose

      Delete