Friday, January 11, 2013

My Online Job In Generating Online Leads

What is an Online Lead?

In Internet marketing, online lead generation is the strategy used to generate potential customers who have the same interests or it can be an inquiry made to know the services and/or products of a business via the Internet. Lead generation online is for different purposes and the usual goal is to get the right market. Leads are used to get a more specific list of people or companies that can be offered with membership promos or loyalty and rewards programs. 

Internet is an important tool to generate online leads. One can use search engines to get complete information about people or companies that are related and might be interested to a specific product. Social media is also becoming a primary source of online leads. 

Providing Leads as an Online Job

Some companies rely to other companies or people to provide real online leads for them. Many companies nowadays are offering lead generation but it does not end here. How successful you are going to convince these leads to be your costumers depend strongly on your business skills. 

So, why pay a hefty sum to online lead generation companies? Why generate your own leads instead of focusing on convincing them? That's why some entrepreneurs have learned to hire freelancers like me to look for online leads for them instead of hiring a company. A freelancer's fee is negotiable and, oftentimes, cheaper than hiring a lead generation company. Business owners know the demographics and characteristics of their potential customers. They just need to find the right person to search for these potential customers. 

As a freelancer generating internet leads, it is important that you have access to sites where their potential customers are roaming. One should not just get the job and later find out that he has limited access or skills to grab all the information needed by the client. It's a waste of time for both employer and freelancer. 

Good Pay

I stumbled upon a good paying employer in an online website. I didn't have experience as an online lead finder. I checked his requirements on how I can apply.He wanted an example of how I can generate leads and how I would present it to him. I read the job ad thoroughly and applied. He accepted my application because I submitted the information he needs in an organized and presentable way.

Since it was my first time and I have no idea with the pricing of leads generation, I bid for $40. But since he liked my work, this is how he paid me:

First Job:
1st batch = $85 
2nd batch = $100

Second Job:
1st batch = $200 + $500 (incentive bonus)

Overall, I am rewarded very well with a simple job because I provided the right information for my client. He gave me the bonus because I gave him a list where more than 60% of the leads have ordered to him.  Again, I will not apply for this job if I know I can't give the leads he need.

No comments:

Post a Comment